A car accident can happen in the blink of the eye and yet the pain it causes can last weeks, months, and sometimes, when left untreated, even years. Our chiropractic team, led by Dr. Eric Fromm and Dr. Scott Habers, sees patients every day who come in with injuries sustained in a car accident. One of the most common complaints we get from such patients is shoulder pain. We're proud to be able to help offer solutions for that.
Why You Might Have Shoulder Pain Following a Car Accident
Shoulder pain following an accident may be caused by a variety of strains, sprains, and similar musculoskeletal injuries. A few of the most frequent car accident injuries we treat that cause shoulder pain include:
- Torn rotator cuff. The rotator cuff is a group of muscles that surrounds the shoulder and when it gets torn, it can cause an incredible amount of pain in and around your shoulder. The high impact of a car collision can frequently cause those muscles to be torn and injured.
- Soft tissue injuries. The tendons and ligaments that link your shoulder muscles together can also become damaged during a car accident.
- Whiplash. You're probably aware that whiplash injuries can cause severe neck pain, but did you know that it doesn't stop there? Whiplash injuries can radiate and likewise cause shoulder pain and a host of other symptoms.
How Our Chiropractor Team Treats Shoulder Pain and Injury
When you visit with Dr. Eric Fromm or Dr. Scott Habers, they will speak with you at length about your pain and how you were injured. They will then have you undergo a physical exam to determine the best treatment course to alleviate your pain and get you on the path to healing. A few treatments they may offer include:
- Spinal adjustment. This technique realigns the spinal vertebrae and can help reduce pressure on the joints that interact with the shoulder. The result is better range of motion and reduced pain.
- Physical therapy. Assisted exercises and stretches can improve your mobility and help strengthen your shoulders.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy techniques cannot be understated in their ability to alleviate pain and expedite healing. Through massage therapy, your chiropractor will increase blood flow to the injured parts of your body while reducing inflammation and pain. Massage therapy can also stimulate the necessary elements to hasten the healing of torn muscles and ligaments.
Schedule Your Cartersville, GA, Chiropractic Appointment Today
Contact our office in Cartersville, GA at 770-386-5262 to learn more about chiropractic techniques and to schedule an appointment to have your shoulder pain seen!